has been created by Hayden and Radeen Cochran, Island Packet owners
since 1991. Sailing out of Rock Hall, MD home of the largest Island Packet Dealer in the world,
Gratitude Yachting Center, Hayden & Radeen have photographed hundreds of Island Packet Yachts.
Processing and uploading these photos to a web page is a difficult
process. Managing a web site of photos organized in a logical manner
is also a very difficult process. Attempting to meet these
challenges is the focus of this site. We hope everyone can share the
true joy of ownership through participating in IslandPacketPhotos.com
The (original) goals of this site:
- To allow individual owner management of
- To create a library of owner modifications.
- To provide a site for sharing photos of cruises
- To provide a site for factory and dealer
- To share the joy of ownership!
How this site works:
The site is organized by Island Packet Yacht
models, along with a few other key categories. Sub-categories have
been created under each yacht model, providing an organization for
owner modifications. One to fifteen photographs can be uploaded per
photo album. Captions can be added for each photo. The uploaded
photos are stored in a database and sorted into the correct
category. The owner of the photo albums can make edits, deletions,
or additions to their albums in the future. Everyone (even
non-registered users, i.e. potential owners) can view all photo
albums. Photo albums can be sent via email to anyone with an email
address. Topics can be searched and photos can be found easily. Enjoy your use of IslandPacketPhotos.com
and share your photos with us!
Hayden & Radeen (photo)
Site History and Growth
- Dec. 2002, Test site is published after 2 months of design
work based on Chris Williams ASP Photo Gallery Software.
- Jan. 2003 site opens with 20 photos in 2 photo albums.
- April 2003, site reaches 500 photos.
- August 2003, site reaches 1,000
- December 2003, site reaches 1,600
- December 2003 Our 1st Calendar
2004 was created!
- December 2003, IPphotos.com store
- May 2004, site reaches 2,000
- August 2004, site reaches 2,500
photos. (fyi: FaceBook.com launches!)
- December 2004, site reaches 3,000
- December 2004 Our 2nd Calendar
2005 was released.
- April 2005, site reaches 3,500 photos!
- July 2005, site reaches 4,000 photos!
- December 2005, site reaches 4,700 photos!
- December 2005 Our
2006 was released.
- April 2006, site reaches 5,000 photos! See
- June 2006, site reaches 5,500 photos.
- October 2006, site reaches 6,000 photos in
925 photo albums!
- November 2006, Our
- December 2006, Site is converted to an SQL
database to deal with the volume, programing work paid to Chris
Williams for sql conversion/connection/move.
- December 2006, Additional monthly server account
added for SQL database!
- Jan. 2007, Site reaches 6,500 photos.
- Feb 2007, Site offers help to a fellow
sailor sv/FlyingPig with a hosted
- November 2007, Site reaches 7,000 photos in
over 1,200 photo albums.
- December 2007,
our 5th Calendar
2008 is released with the help of all
who shared images
- March 2008, my new IP sharing site is released to a beta
group after years of work:
http://IPYOA.com This site is still in design and
testing phase and may be released in 2009!
- June 2008, site breaks through 8,000 photos!
- August 2008, our email mailing list is canceled by SailNet so...
- IPmail begins to
provide the email mailing list for owners
- IPmail grows beyond this servers capabilities, so Bruce Gregory
studies and builds a better system on his server at IPsailor.com with web
archives, a digest feature and now IPmail is better than ever.
THANK YOU BRUCE
- November 2008, our 6th Calendar
2009 is released
featuring our youngest IP sailor LILLI from Germany!!
- November 27, 2009, our 7th Calendar
2010 is released with the most diverse photo collection
and the highest quality IP photos ever collected. This calendar
was featured on the home page of the new IPYOA.com portal.
- November 2009, Site is nearing 10,000 photos! LOOK
- October 2010, Site crosses over 10,000 photos!
- November 2010, our 8th Calendar
2011 is released and
it is beautiful
- January 2011, our IPYOA.com
project is now serving 300% more data and pages than this
IPphotos project. I am working on moving these 10,000+ photos
- November 2011, our
is released and the images are international and very beautiful.
Our best to date. This one was built while living on
anchor in St. Marys River Georgia aboard IP35-165!
- June 2012, IPphotos.com is moving to
www.IPYOA.com, and will be
integrated into one total mega site for IPY owners. This may
take a while!
- July 2012, a long time member (1st one) decides he no
longer wants to share his 94 photos albums with the fleet and he
DELETES all his albums and all his photos! WHAT? WHY? Who knows!
So unfortunately, after 10 years, we have taken down the login
and user upload features. The deleted albums were restored and
the archive will remain as long as I keep paying for the two
- Oct 2012, our
CALENDAR is released. Built while living aboard Island
Spirit and traveling between Rock Hall, MD and Brunswick GA. The
images can be viewed here on IPYOA.com